Thursday, September 22, 2005

 

McCain Rising...

I had a discussion with a well-connected Republican on Wednesday and our conclusion tracked almost perfectly with John Miller's analysis.

In fact, I have to wonder if John was sitting at a nearby table! I'm glad he said this considering I was a lonely voice for McCain in The Corner in 2000. I have since gotten much more jaded with the man because of his campaign-finance reform obsessions, and far more skeptical (to say the least) than he on our Iraq policy. Otherwise he can claim to be on the "right" (as in politically prescient) side of many issues. He can certainly pick up the "reform" mantra and run with it -- pointing to the cronyism issue in offices like FEMA and elsewhere.

A fair question to ask him though: Can he truly say that soft-money was the root of this particular type of corruption? If not, it seems that he expended much time and energy possibly going in the wrong direction.

Seems to me to be much more complicated than that.

Bookmark and Share


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Web raggedthots.blogspot.com
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Technorati search
Search Now:
Amazon Logo
  •  RSS
  • Add to My AOL
  • Powered by FeedBurner
  • Add to Google Reader or Homepage
  • Subscribe in Bloglines
  • Share on Facebook