Thursday, October 20, 2005

 

You Can Call Me Al-Saddam


So, quite a riotous opening to the trial of a
certain Baathist dictator, eh?

You know who I mean. This guy:




He apparently refused to tell the court his name, struggled with guards and took a defiant stand throughout:
[A]t the opening of the trial, the ousted Iraqi leader -- looking thin with a salt-and-pepper beard in a dark gray suit and open-collared white shirt -- stood and asked the presiding judge: "Who are you? I want to know who you are."

"I do not respond to this so-called court, with all due respect to its people, and I retain my constitutional right as the president of Iraq," he said, brushing off the judge's attempts to interrupt him. "Neither do I recognize the body that has designated and authorized you, nor the aggression because all that has been built on false basis is false."
With all that, one has to wonder: Who gets the lead in the movie? Hmmm...maybe I'm crazy, but there was something strangely familiar about that particular court outburst:
You're out of order! You're out of order! The whole trial is out of order! They're out of order!...It's just a show! It's a show! It's "Let's Make A Deal"! "Let's Make A Deal"! Hey Frank, you wanna "Make A Deal"? I got an insane judge...! Whaddya wanna gimme Frank, 3 weeks probation?
You know, I think Al could just pull this off:



...And Baghdad Justice For All?

It's got possibilities.

Bookmark and Share


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Web raggedthots.blogspot.com
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Technorati search
Search Now:
Amazon Logo
  •  RSS
  • Add to My AOL
  • Powered by FeedBurner
  • Add to Google Reader or Homepage
  • Subscribe in Bloglines
  • Share on Facebook