Tuesday, December 26, 2006

 

Comic Relief

Since I have the week off from work, and Ragged Thots hasn't seen a good post on comic books in quite a few moons, I thought I'd saunter over to Barnes and Noble and check out the selection.

Now, admittedly, I haven't read comic books on a regular basis since about 1981. I lost track of the Marvel Universe after the Hellfire Club storyline in X-Men. My favorite comic book at the time was Daredevil. I have, on RAG's recommendation, checked out Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns. I'm also happy to find out that Neal Adams is still alive and kicking. As a kid, I always enjoyed more esoteric comics like T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents and the Creeper (I won't ask how Steve Ditko came up with the idea for a superhero whose costume is comprised of fashion brief underwear and a red feather boa).

So, God Willing, later I'll post something about a mans re-acquaintance with the polychromatic effulgence of his youth. Any recommendations? Also, any thoughts out there on the lameness of Made-For-TV superheroes (Space Ghost, Blue Falcon, etc.) vs. Originated-in-Print ones? Ralph Bakshi's answer to that question here (any Marine Corps readers out there, feel free to laugh at the Boatswains Mate with super powers).

Labels: , , ,


Bookmark and Share


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Web raggedthots.blogspot.com
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Technorati search
Search Now:
Amazon Logo
  •  RSS
  • Add to My AOL
  • Powered by FeedBurner
  • Add to Google Reader or Homepage
  • Subscribe in Bloglines
  • Share on Facebook