Wednesday, December 27, 2006

 

Reading, Ragged Thots, and 'Rithmetic ...

Since I've been guest-blogging, one thing that stands out to my own eyes is how far my grammar and editing skills have deteriorated since I left journalism eight years ago. I'm not sure about RAG's newspaper biz education, but I was always taught that the first rule of writing is NEVER copyedit your own stuff! My fossilized skills make me feel like one of the Crocs in Pearls For Swine ("Zeeba --- Eets whots fo' deenah").

My apologies to Ragged Thots readers for any missing modifiers, dangling participles ("you should get that fixed"), and prepositional phrases that aren't quite preparatory. I am dusting off my copy of The Elements of Style.


Bookmark and Share


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Web raggedthots.blogspot.com
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Technorati search
Search Now:
Amazon Logo
  •  RSS
  • Add to My AOL
  • Powered by FeedBurner
  • Add to Google Reader or Homepage
  • Subscribe in Bloglines
  • Share on Facebook