Sunday, February 25, 2007

 

NYC Comic Con Images

UPDATE: I don't remember who it was, but someone recently told me that the comic-book related posts had been somewhat infrequent of late -- particularly given that "comic books" is part of the mission statement of this blog. And they are quite correct. I have been slacking on the comic book stuff.

Well that stops this week. In addition to the Con coverage (of which there will be more later tonight and ongoing this week), we will get back to regular snapshots of what I consider to be important single issues or trade paperbacks -- and perhaps a profile or two of significant creator (probably of the Silver Age variety, since that is what I grew up with). Comics have been an important part of my life, so I think it fair that they be restored to their spot here!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy these shots here. I took quite a few during my truncated two days at the Second Annual New York Comic Con. More to come.



The Star Wars "Empire" was in full effect at Comic Con!



Keith Giffen, primary artistic "auteur" on DC's weekly juggernaut, 52.




What would a convention be without fanboys drooling over Wonder Woman?



Joe Kelly, writer of the great revamped Space Ghost DC mini-series(among other projects).



Two Mistresses of Magic are better than one! Yup, double Zatannas (or perhaps I should say, "sannataZ elboud, puY!")



Great Silver Age artist (and former DC publisher) Carmine Infantino. Most famous for his work on the Barry Allen Flash's early years.

Labels: ,


Bookmark and Share


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Web raggedthots.blogspot.com
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Technorati search
Search Now:
Amazon Logo
  •  RSS
  • Add to My AOL
  • Powered by FeedBurner
  • Add to Google Reader or Homepage
  • Subscribe in Bloglines
  • Share on Facebook