Saturday, May 12, 2007

 

Weekend Morning Show Roundtable

Madscribe:
The best parodies are the ones so close to the truth that it's almost indistinguishable from the real thing. Had The Onion not put its actual graphics on this discussion, I might have been tempted to say, "Wow, the intellectual level of Fox News Sunday and Meet the Press has really gone up this week!"


In The Know: Our Troops In Iraq

UPDATE: Apparently, NPR's "News and Notes," the token black show on the otherwise white, liberal elitist welfare network has dropped the "Roundtable" segment, of which our gracious host was a regular contributor. Having updated my I-Tunes Ipods this morning, I kept searching for RAG's recent appearance to stick a link on this site, only to find that there WAS no link!

All I can say is that NPR's loss is ... well, NPR's loss. Apparently,
a lot of listeners concur that this latest "format revamp" sucks. Now, I have absolutely no need to listen to NPR (fat chance that RAG or Deroy Murdock would ever get their own show on THAT crappy network). You can now pretty much forget about a black conservative or libertarian voice being heard on a regular basis. From now on, I'll be sticking with Booker Rising and Cedric Muhammad's Black Electorate for my ethnic dose of headlines (although, I could do without the silly importance that Mr. Muhammad ascribes to Hip Hop as a political force). They do a much better job of representing diverse black voices like RAG's, or that of Thomas Sowell and many others.

As a consolation prize, I'll probably be sending RAG my copy of Photoshop CS3 so that he can superimpose Giuliani's head on the famous picture of Hitler dancing a jig after the Polish invasion---but only after I superimpose Obama's head on a photo of Jimmy Carter delivering his (in)famous "malaise" speech ...


Disclaimer: The views of the above ranter do not necessarily reflect those of Ragged Thots, its management, potential advertisers, or its staff. Not that the snobs at NPR would be reading a black conservative's web site ANYWAY ...

Labels: ,


Bookmark and Share


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Web raggedthots.blogspot.com
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Technorati search
Search Now:
Amazon Logo
  •  RSS
  • Add to My AOL
  • Powered by FeedBurner
  • Add to Google Reader or Homepage
  • Subscribe in Bloglines
  • Share on Facebook