Tuesday, May 13, 2008

 

Dept of YCMTSU*

*you can't make this 'stuff' up: What every war zone needs -- a luxury golf course. One great example of the "New Iraq."

And
here's another:
"I don't have a daughter now, and I prefer to say that I never had one. That girl humiliated me in front of my family and friends. Speaking with a foreign solider, she lost what is the most precious thing for any woman. 'People from western countries might be shocked, but our girls are not like their daughters that can sleep with any man they want and sometimes even get pregnant
without marrying. Our girls should respect their religion, their family and their bodies.
"I have only two boys from now on. That girl was a mistake in my life. I know God is blessing me for what I did,' he said, his voice swelling with pride. 'My sons are by my side, and they were men enough to help me finish the life of someone who just brought shame to ours."
Abdel-Qader, a Shia, says he was released from the police station "because everyone knows that honour killings sometimes are impossible not to commit". Chillingly, he said: "The officers were by my side during all the time I was there, congratulating me on what I had done." It's a statement that, if true, provides an insight into how vast the gulf remains between cultures in Iraq and between the Basra police the British army that trains them.
Sources have indicated that Abdel-Qader, who works in the health department, has been asked to leave because of the bad publicity, yet he will continue to draw a salary.

On the other hand, the Dubai Classic is one of the favorite stops for top golfers, so maybe Bagdad will be some day.

Labels:


Bookmark and Share


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Web raggedthots.blogspot.com
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Technorati search
Search Now:
Amazon Logo
  •  RSS
  • Add to My AOL
  • Powered by FeedBurner
  • Add to Google Reader or Homepage
  • Subscribe in Bloglines
  • Share on Facebook