Friday, April 28, 2006

 

Oh, Say Can You Si?

While we're in a musical mode here at RT, please check out the new Spanish version of the national anthem and tell me what you think.

President Bush says that the anthem should be sung
in English. I tend to agree. However, I must admit that the Kidron mix has a much better hummable melody than the original version -- thus causing the song to be inevitably butchered when performed at sporting events.

I feel bad, of course, criticizing the anthem in any way because, not only does it seem to be unpatriotic, but it also, for me, would demonstrate a lack of loyalty to my alma mater.

Yes, the "Star Spangled Banner" was composed by perhaps
the most famous graduate of St. John's College in Annapolis.

And no, as far as I know, Francis Scott Key did not play
croquet (but if he had -- he would have kicked Navy ass too)!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Bookmark and Share


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Web raggedthots.blogspot.com
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Technorati search
Search Now:
Amazon Logo
  •  RSS
  • Add to My AOL
  • Powered by FeedBurner
  • Add to Google Reader or Homepage
  • Subscribe in Bloglines
  • Share on Facebook