Saturday, October 06, 2007

 

Most Invisible Reporter?

Well, this sort of explains things. I guess I should consider myself fortunate to have gotten second place in the Funniest Reporter show. Because, one of the judges, apparently, uh, didn't see me on stage! (Ralph Ellison jokes put to the side -- or just left in the title).

Seriously. Judge Emily Gould from Gawker described her experience:
First up was Star Editor At Large Julia Allison...

Sean McCarthy, who writes features for the Daily News, appeared onstage and handily won the competition by having his act really down...

He was followed by an hour or so of largeish women with "producer" in their titles making jokes about their weight and isn't dating weird...

Uh, OK. I'm 5'10", 165 lbs, so I'm not exactly "largeish." Sean and I were the only male journalists in the show. So, somehow, I got lost in the midst of an "hour or so of largeish women." It's fine if Emily thought everyone else was forgettable, but in terms of accuracy, it would be nice if she got people's gender correct. I swear to God, I did not do my "Big Mamma's House" impression!

I can only guess that Emily must have somehow fainted during my set. Geez, I'm glad she recovered in time to write her review.

Labels:


Bookmark and Share


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Web raggedthots.blogspot.com
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Technorati search
Search Now:
Amazon Logo
  •  RSS
  • Add to My AOL
  • Powered by FeedBurner
  • Add to Google Reader or Homepage
  • Subscribe in Bloglines
  • Share on Facebook